A living roof, or ‘Green Roof’, as it is sometimes called, serves many functions whilst providing you and your neighbours with an additional visually stunning talking point for your garden building. Our living roofs are made up of 7 species of sedum plants that have been pre-grown into the system we provide.
Your living roof system will be delivered with at least 80% plant coverage and all being well, it will flower from late spring through to the autumn time in a variety of different colours.
Sedum flowers are irresistible to butterflies, bees and other pollinating insects, creating a wonderful habitat for wildlife.
As well as looking great, other benefits of living roofs include:
- Protection from additional solar gain during the summer
- In winter, the living roof provides an additional layer of insulation.
- Should your building require planning permission, the inclusion of a living roof is a positive addition to the application and is viewed favourably among councils.
- Rain/Storm water runoff is reduced, lessening the risk of localised flooding in threatened areas.
- Increases a buildings’ acoustic performance.
The installation of a living roof on our SIPs buildings will require some extra engineering in the roof to take the additional potential loads. Water, foliage and snow loading require us to ensure that the roof can take a minimum of 120kg per m2, which is taken care of pre fabrication by the structural engineer.
If you would like any more information about our living roof options please give us a call or drop us an email.
SPACE FOR WORK
SPACE FOR REST
SPACE FOR PLAY
SPACE FOR LIVING
SPACE FOR LEARNING
SPACE FOR BUSINESS
Please fill in our contact form, drop us an email or give us a call to book your FREE site survey.
We are also available to chat about your potential project and answer any questions you may have, so get in touch to speak with our very experienced team.
09:00 - 18:00 Mon-Sat
Highlands, Flitwick, Bedfordshire, MK45 1DW